Conceal Minor Surface Blemishes
When minor nicks, dings and dents mar the surface of your vehicle, a quick-solution repair is easy with 3M™ Super Red Putty. Our single-component glazing putty is ready to use without any mixing or blending with a separate hardener, so any preparatory work or chance of mixing errors has been eliminated. The putty has been formulated so that it spreads with high consistency. Excellent feathering properties produce smooth feather edge where the repair blends into the surrounding surface, which reduces sanding needed to smooth the edge.
Versatile Glazing Putty
While primarily formulated for minor repairs, our 3M™ Super Red Putty has a working and dry time that also makes it suitable for larger areas, allowing you to coat an entire area with one thin application. Under typical working conditions, you will have approximately 3 minutes to work the putty, which should be adequate under most circumstances. This item is our slowest drying nitrocellulose formula putty. This air dry formula skins over quickly and may be sanded in 30 minutes when applied in 1/16″ thicknesses or less with ambient temperature conditions of 72°F. It still sands easily after drying overnight.
Directions for Use*
- Do not apply when ambient temperatures are below 55°F or above 110°F. Use in a well ventilated area away from sparks or open flame.
- For best results, apply only over clean primed surfaces. (Use compressed air to remove any dust contamination).
- Apply using a plastic or metal spreader pressing the putty firmly into the imperfections; keep the application thickness to 1/16″ or less. Apply in thin coats instead of one thick application.
- Allow to dry for 15 minutes at 72°F prior to sanding. Sand (wet or dry) using 3M™ abrasives in the following sequence P180, P220, P320. Note: As with any putty, longer drying times will occur with high humidity, thick applications and low temperatures.
- Re-clean surface prior to priming or top coating. (Follow paint manufacturer’s recommendation for priming and top coating